Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Glorify God

Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Acts 4:13-22

V21, “So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding no way of punishing them, because of the people,” this is the good part, wait for it, “since they all glorified God for what had been done.”

The elders of the church could not find a way of punishing them simply because they glorified God in their acts. Let me say it again, “They glorified God.” When we go through life as a Christian, we tend to praise ourselves and our efforts when success comes our way. I tend to do that too. But whenever I look back and think about it, the best successes I had were when I prayed before or when I committed the task to God or when I cried out to Him. Think back and see that it is all true. None of my successes would be there if not for God. And sometimes I wonder why I shortchange God in His blessings. Why there are no testimonies in my life? It is because I don’t give enough credit to the one who prospered me.

God cares about every little detail of our lives. We need to acknowledge that in everything we do, God is with us and if we do not give unto the Lord the glory due to His name, He tends to draw back His hand from us simply because we have gotten proud of our own self efforts. Remember that God resists the proud. It is not us but the Lord who shows up.

From now on, I’m going to remember that in every accomplishment, when people praise me, I’m going to make a stand to say, “If it wasn’t for God/Jesus Christ showing up, I would never had done it the way I did it.”

Here comes the finale, v22 “For the man was over forty years old on whom this miracle of healing had been performed.” No matter how old you are, you can still be a testimony. Do not let the devil blind you from that. Glorify God because in everything you do, He is the one who gives you power to prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment