Thursday, February 21, 2019

Mark 13 - Understanding scripture and keeping watch


Mark 13

Monday, February 11, 2019

Verses 32-37
It is a serious thing here that Jesus is warning us – to keep watch. Basically, to stay in prayer or to be prayerful. Prayer is our super weapon. Jesus is always praying. He loves to go to isolated areas to pray. He loves spending time with the Father. He models this for us so that we also can have communion with the Father.

Lord, teach me how to keep watch in prayer. Teach me how to constantly communicate with you. Teach me how.

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Verses 1-11
Jesus may have sounded really arrogant and trying to change the rules here. But it was because the people misunderstood him, and because they did not understand the scriptures. The woman who did the deed understood the scriptures. It was revealed to her. She knew that Jesus was going to die.

I’m so amazed at how the average person in those days knew about the prophecies and could interpret them correctly when the teachers of the law and the chief religious people did not. How can one be so close to God that he will know each step that he is directed in? How cool will that be? Whatever my Father does, I do. Being led by the Holy Spirit every step of the way is the ultimate goal. And I wish to do so.

“I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world; what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.” Very few receive promises that they will be remembered forever. Very many wish to attain that.

Lord, guide me in my steps that whatever I do may be from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment