Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Need a Miracle?


Need a Miracle?

2 Timothy 4:17-22
17 the Master stood by me and helped me spread the Message loud and clear to those who had never heard it. I was snatched from the jaws of the lion! 18 God's looking after me, keeping me safe in the kingdom of heaven. All praise to him, praise forever! Oh, yes! 19 Say hello to Priscilla and Aquila; also, the family of Onesiphorus. 20 Erastus stayed behind in Corinth. I had to leave Trophimus sick in Miletus. 21 Try hard to get here before winter. Eubulus, Pudens, Linus, Claudia, and all your friends here send greetings. 22 God be with you. Grace be with you

Recently, someone said this to me, “A miracle only comes when there is a problem”. Truly there will be no miracle had there been no problem to fix in the first place.

Paul really had a problem when they sent him to the lion’s den (v17). Out of the lion’s den came deliverance and believers. When I think of how I would have felt if I was led to my death, I can safely say that I am not ready to be in Paul’s shoes. But that is the only way to be delivered and to see the power of God at work in your life. So if you are facing any problem, persecution or circumstance at the moment, take heart and anticipate for a miracle. God will not put you into something that you cannot endure.

                In all of this, it was not Paul’s work but the work of God that gave Paul the strength to go through what Paul had to go through simply to bring the message of Christ to the Gentiles. It was all the work of God. This tells us that we do not need to wait till we have enough courage and boldness to step out like Paul did. We just need the faith to step out and God will provide all the courage and boldness we need for the purpose He has called us to. I am really encouraged when I know that it is not my own efforts that will bring me through the trial but all God’s effort through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment