Monday, March 4, 2013

Feeling forsaken?


Feeling forsaken?

2 Timothy 4:6-16
“6 As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. The time of my death is near. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. 8 And now the prize awaits me -- the crown of righteousness that the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that great day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his glorious return. 9 Please come as soon as you can. 10 Demas has deserted me because he loves the things of this life and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus has gone to Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Bring Mark with you when you come, for he will be helpful to me. 12 I sent Tychicus to Ephesus. 13 When you come, be sure to bring the coat I left with Carpus at Troas. Also bring my books, and especially my papers. 14Alexander the coppersmith has done me much harm, but the Lord will judge him for what he has done. 15 Be careful of him, for he fought against everything we said. 16 The first time I was brought before the judge, no one was with me. Everyone had abandoned me. I hope it will not be counted against them

            If you are someone who has gone through times when your friends or family has deserted you during your hard time, imagine how Paul must have felt when everyone who was with him forsook him or an even better word would be deserted him during his most trying times. How does one hold on to God and faith in times like these?

            People who were once faithful and loyal to you suddenly leaves you when you need them the most. This is when your relationship with God is put to the test. How does Paul face this alone? He must have had a solid trust in his God, the one who has called him for such a time as this. All I can say is that he knew, even though the times were bad and everyone else is against him, that God still loves him and that God was for him.

            So if you are currently facing trying times and everyone has abandoned you and you feel as if God has forsaken you also (and I know how hard it must be to accept this truth), God still loves you and He is still there beside you. He is still holding the world together. He is for you and has prepared a way out for you. Be encouraged because you’ll need it to endure through this season. God bless you and I know you’ll come out of it strong just like I did. Jesus loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment